Sunday, January 30, 2011

the book of labor

As we draw close to 34 weeks and another day closer to Baby, I decided it was time to work on my birth plan + a "labor outline" for Papi.

So i spent a good part of today going through my Bradley books and clearly writing out things like the stages of labor and what happens in each, how to EFFECTIVELY help me relax and what I do and dont want to happen once the day comes. Its a work in progress but I know it will be pretty helpful to Chico once labor hits. Im still working on my own mental preparation which I will keep doing until labor day (haha), but it made me feel better to have everything I am thinking written out for Papi to see since I may not be in the state of mind to explain it all during labor and delivery. Any tips I should put in my book are welcome :)

ALSO, Heres a list of things we already have:
- boppies (2)
- carseat + 3 bases + skeleton stroller
- crib + mattress
- swing
- bassinet
- carrier?? like for your back i think
- a few outfits (most are bigger sized so we need newborn and 0-3 months im assuming, and also warm things because it is quite cold!!)
- a few burp cloths, towels and washcloths

Thats pretty much it! All of it is handed down from moms at work or family, but I am happy we at least have the majority of the big things we need. On Mommy's wishlist is a Rocking Chair :) I need a nice comfy place to nurse :)

Anyways, baby has been HIGHLY active. Swear this kid never sleeps. Maybe he'll chill out once he's born. Chico and I are more excited by the day, and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone at the shower and celebrating our little bundle of joy!

1 comment:

  1. Well today was the first day I seriously went to check out baby stuff. I have just been sort of checking baby stuff out, teasing myself. Wow there is soooo much new stuff since you and Ale were born, I cannot believe it! A car seat costs like $200, damn! But on the other hand it was pretty exciting to imagine Giovanni when he is born. I keep finding myself staring at little boys, wondering??? Keep writing - it helps. The birth plan really will help Francisco - just make sure you know where it is when you need it. A rolling pin needs to be part of the "kit" it will come in very handy. Seems like yesterday I had you and it's still hard for me to believe you are going to have your own familia! Everyday I put you in God's care. Talk later!

    ReplyDelete